Inspirations for small spaces...

A blog belonging to a 23 year old skinny hotelier turned soldier with a big appetite for food, alcohol, outdoors and photography.


Greetings from Switzerland!

Bojour!!! Here I am after almost one week of madness. There were alot of problems with my journey to my university here in Leysin, Switzerland. Firstly my baggage was overweight and I had to pay a total of SGD800. Mad right? In the end when I reach Geneva airport, I realised that the SGD800 I've paid for wasn't worth the money at all because out of 3 luggages, only 2 appeared. Apparently one was still in Amsterdam as it was unable to catch up with the flight. Well in the end it did arrive, in the afternoon in my school and yes I am so going to ask KLM to refund me the money.

When I reach the school, goodness, the administration is total bollocks. Everything was so messy and dis-organised and they never cease to amaze me with their incompetence. Wrong time tables given out, wrong rooms and stuff. Academically wise they are ok but administration and infrastructure wise, it's just a pain in the arse. Take the internet for example, everyone's having so much trouble getting online and yet internet is one of the most basic necessities and further more, the school constantly asks us to check our school email everyday. How are we supposed to do that when the internet is so unreliable and SLOW! They should have a look at the queues outside the IT department everyday.

Food wise, well I've been eating combat rations in the army so I'm not too picky. The food's edible but not exactly great tasting...my friends are having trouble adapting though. View wise is excellent, the mountains, trees, and even a little snow. Yes, snow-capped mountains, and the weather's cold here around 9 degrees and going down even more at night especially when it rains. Will upload some photos soon when the internet decides to allow me to do that.

Work wise, madness...lots of Course Work, Reports, Projects all awaiting. 11 modules all together this semaster....I am so going to die. Trust me, it is tough transiting from a NS-Man back to a student again. Well tomorrow I would be heading down to the village to walk around and hopefully shop abit for some daily necessities and on Saturday to Aigle, the bigger town at the bottom of the mountain. Will take more photos, till the next time I blog again, take care my friends. Au Revoir~!

0 Responses to “Greetings from Switzerland!”

Post a Comment


Web This Blog

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from pzbond. Make your own badge here.




    A Bike (SOLD!)
    A nice car

    Culinaria (France)
    Safe Strategies for Financial Freedom
    Justin Quek Passion & Inspiration
    Lean Six Sigma for service
    Danny Meyer Setting the table

    HTC Touch
    Ipod Nano (SOLD!)
    Ipod Video
    Westone UM1
    Sony PSP (SOLD!)

    Couple of "Localbrand" T-Shirts
    A new suit
    Pedro shoes
    Lamy Tri Pen IT
    New pair of jeans
    Oakley XLJ Half-Jacket

    Learn Diving
    Dive Gear
    Dive Junkie T-Shirts





XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2007 Inspirations for small spaces... | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Learn how to make money online | First Aid and Health Information at Medical Health


Myspace Countdown or Myspace Layouts